Monday, January 26, 2009

This movie made my brain crawl



Now I'm not a movie reviewer by any means, but 'The Last Templar' offended my geek sensibilities. The main character, might have been a bad female Indiana Jones, except that she really could care less about any artifact that isn't associated with the Templars. So she breaks through a roof into a supposedly ash and pumice buried city (with tons of inaccuracy there). She cares nothing for the potential find of the city itself. She could care less about the fact that her haste is basically to blame for the site's destruction. Nope, she just loves the fact she found the one item she was after. That is treasure seeking, not archeology. *grumblemuttergrumble* It seemed to be a commercial for religion, and christianity specifically. Not exactly what I call a good premise for a movie.



I'll stop there, much more of it bothered me than that, but I just had to complain a little.

4 comments:

yougiedeggs said...

Sounds like Hollywood took another novel, made it into a movie, and in the process tore it to shreds. Happens all the time, sadly. I hear it's even worse than what you describe.
That said, my google account seems to NEVER think I have the right password here.

The Mirth said...

I couldn't make it past the papal staff vs. mounted knight joust in Central park.

red6 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

One thing that annoys me to no end is when science is thrown out the window. While watching Total Recal during philosophy, Quale (played by the Govenator) is told that he has a tracking bug in his head.

So far so good.

The he is told that in order to muffle its signal, he needs to wrap his head in a wet towel.

Sorry, but he was in a concrete building at the time, so even concrete wasn't able to muffle the signal. The towel was also enough to scramble the signal, which is just *crass swear* to me.